Saint Barnabas Episcopal Church originally worshipped in one of earliest homes built in Fredericksburg. German settler Peter Walter built a log cabin on lot, then began permanent home of fachwerk construction in 1846. He owned and farmed surrounding land while plying his trade of wagoner to Fort McKavett. The home was bought by Saint Barnabas when the church was formed in 1952. Restored as a mission, it was consecrated by Bishop Everett H. Jones on St. Barnabas Day, December 16, 1954.