How do I give?
Several safe and secure methods of giving provide convenient ways to offer our tithes and financially contribute Saint Barnabas.
• During Sunday services: Simply place cash or checks in the plate during the offertory. Be sure to include your name and address on the check or envelope, so that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes.
• Online giving: Online giving allows for a specific dollar amount to be deducted automatically from a checking or savings account. You can set up online giving either as a one-time donation or a recurring gift. Online giving is not only easy, it's also safe and secure. This option helps individuals and families remain faithful in their giving even when they are out of town or unable to attend a Sunday service.
• By mail: Mail your donation to Saint Barnabas at 601 West Creek Drive, Fredericksburg, Texas 78624. Be sure to include your name and address on the check or envelope so that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes.
Where do my donations to Saint Barnabas go?
General Operating Fund: Donations to Saint Barnabas support its General Operating Fund. This fund makes possible the day-to-day ministries and services of the church.
Special funds: Periodically, opportunities to designate a donation to a specific ministry initiative become available. To designate your contribution to a specific fund, simply indicate the name of the fund or cause on the memo line of your check or on your envelope.
How does Saint Barnabas uphold financial accountability?
Saint Barnabas is committed to honoring God’s provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability to ensure the financial integrity of Saint Barnabas remains above reproach. We accomplish this through a system of internal controls and an internal budgeting and reporting process.
• An annual audit is performed.
• Monthly reports are provided to the Finance Committee and the Vestry.
• Anyone may request a copy of Saint Barnabas’ most recently audited financial statements or current monthly reports by calling the Church office.
How can I make non-cash donations?
Many people find creative ways to make contributions to Saint Barnabas’ ministries through non-cash gifts. Here are a few options to consider:
• Stocks and mutual funds: You will receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of your securities at the time of donation, and you will pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value. Contact the Church office and we will complete the paper work for you to sign.
• Other: Other giving options include life insurance, retirement assets, bequests, and charitable gift fund donations. For additional information, contact our office and we will arrange for a financial professional to meet with you to discuss the options.
How late in the year can I make a donation and receive a credit for this year's taxes?
Per IRS regulations, contributions for each year must be received or postmarked by December 31 of that year in order to receive donation credit for that year's tax purposes. Please submit your online, mailed, or in-person donation accordingly.